Spherical Boron powder 99.99%
Product #: 0414BZ
Boron Spherical powder (B, 99%, <400nm)
Please contact us for quotes on larger quantities.
Boron Nanopowder/ Nanoparticles (B, <100nm)
B Powder Appearance: Brown nanopowder
B Powder Purity: 99%
B Powder APS: <400nm
B Powder True density (g/cm3): 2.34
B Powder Morphology: spherical
Boron (B) Nanopowder General Descriptions
A black or brown powder used primarily for its thermal properties, boron powder comes in a variety of granule sizes, purities, and other configurations to better match the specific needs of various applications. As a popular tool in a wide array of fields, boron powder has also been the subject of regular research in recent years, revealing new traits, uses, and benefits at a rapid rate.
You can obtain boron powder from SS Nano in varieties to match any project, from extremely pure high grade powders to general purpose powders with assorted granule sizes.
Boron (B) Nanopowder Applications
- Abrasive: Applies properly, boron can serve as a rugged, highly abrasive surface for any number of purposes. Combined with it’s thermal properties, this makes it highly effective for high speed cutting and similar tasks.
- Biocide: Borates in general work to kill a variety of insects and similar pests through simple physical destruction, making them one of the most universally effective pest control options.
- Ignition: The thermal properties of boron powder make it an excellent ignition aid for any number of applications. This sees it used in charcoal briquettes, fuels, torches, and countless other applications.
- Corrosion inhibition: Boron compounds produced with boron nanopowders make it useful in anti-freeze, brake fluids, hydrolic systems, and other applications where ferrous materials need protection against corrosion.
- Photoelectric applications: Boron powder offers unique applications in photography, tanning, electrolytic condensation, fuel cells, and a host of other photoelectric fields.
Origin of high ammonium, arsenic and boron concentrations in the proximity of a mine: Natural vs. anthropogenic processes.,Scheiber, Laura, Ayora Carlos, Vázquez-Suñé Enric, Cendón Dioni I., Soler Albert, and Baquero Juan Carlos , Sci Total Environ, 2016 Jan 15, Volume 541, p.655-66, (2016)
Water-dispersed thermo-responsive boron nitride nanotubes: synthesis and properties., Kalay, Saban, Stetsyshyn Yurij, Lobaz Volodymyr, Harhay Khrystyna, Ohar Halyna, and Culha Mustafa , Nanotechnology, 2016 Jan 22, Volume 27, Issue 3, p.035703, (2016)